6 Jun 2024

The Catcher in the Rye | J. D. Salinger | Penguin

I heard of The Catcher in the Rye a long time ago, but never had the opportunity to read it.

Finally I picked up the book, and to my disappointment, I put it down about one-third into the book because I got quite tired of Holden's incessant bitching and generally being unhappy about everything around him.  There was so much teenage angst in Holden that I quite felt compelled to send a school counsellor to speak with him and his parents.  

It seemed that Holden had a lot of unresolved issues from his earlier family life that he carried out.  However, I somehow didn't have the patience to continue ploughing through the remaining two-thirds of this book to find out if there is any resolution in Holden's life.

No comments:

Post a Comment