7 Sept 2021

Healthy lunch - no longer available though [洋食]


I had this for lunch quite a long time ago, when there was a physical shop and the staff would plate the food quite prettily.  The business gave up their physical shop years ago and switched completely to the delivery of fixed menu items, which I thought was quite a shame, because the shop afforded cafe-quality meals in a decent environment with relatively low prices.  I had once suggested to some friends to eat a quick meal there before attending a concert in the vicinity, and was surprised when they feedback that the shop was no longer there.

This was a combination meal where I could pick 2 proteins, 1 carb and salad leaves for what I think is a very reasonable price, considering that the food is served in proper crockery and cutlery, and self-served, unlimited iced lemon-flavoured water was available for free.

I picked roasted chicked and scrambled eggs for the proteins, brown rice for the carb and chickpeas for the salad leaves.  Must say I was pleasantly surprised that the staff still threw in salad leaves.  There was just light use of seasonings for the chicken, scrambled eggs and chickpeas, so people who preferred saltier food could salt their meals accordingly.  For me, the amount of salt was good enough for me to enjoy my food so-no-ma-ma without reaching for the salt or pepper shaker.  

Compared to other salad and protein bowl joints that charge about the same price as this business but served their food in disposables, I would choose to eat here, which unfortunately will not happen anymore.  

No comments:

Post a Comment