10 Oct 2014

Eating onboard Singapore Airlines [On the plane]

Flew to Haneda on Singapore Airlines.  Despite the flight being very slightly shorter than the one to Narita by 5mins, there were thankfully two meal services, a breakfast and a light lunch before arrival.  I wonder if it was because the flight departed one hour earlier compared to the Narita flight that breakfast was served?  Nevertheless, I was thankful that there wasn’t a repeat of those hunger pangs I had during the Narita flight.

There were two selections for the choice of breakfast: an international choice of omelettes (I think) and washoku.  I picked the washoku of rice, grilled saba, egg roll, broccoli (?!) and fried beancurd.  There was also muffin, a bread roll and fruits, which I appreciate.  The breakfast wasn’t fantastically good, but I was just appreciative that I didn’t have to starve till lunch was served.

 

About three hours later, lunch was served.  I don’t remember what the international choice was, as I was quite determined to pick washoku again.  Lunch was rice with steak and peas, carrots and potatos.  Not very washoku, I thought, especially for the steak.  There was also an empty container on my tray, the one that held the muffin during breakfast, but I have no idea what it was supposed to hold.  Air perhaps?  This was indeed a light lunch, and there were neither bread roll nor fruits.  I made up for the missing fruits by drinking lots of tomato juice.  I wished the juice cart had carrot juice too, it seems that most passengers requested for orange juice.
 

Flying out from Haneda, again there were two meal services (Woo!) – dinner and a light breakfast before arrival.  Again, I picked washoku for the dinner.  I guess the ground caterer at Haneda is different from the one at Narita, because the washoku from Haneda is not as pretty as the one from Narita.


The main dish for dinner was beef (ala gyudon style), rice, egg roll, daikon and pickles.  There was also a serving of soba and sauce (which was surprisingly tastier than the main itself), a zensai, bread roll and senbei.  Fruits were not served, so again, I made up for it with tomato juice.  Curiously, for this meal service, ice cream (Haagan Daaz) was served.  
 

Light breakfast consisted of a roll, a macha muffin and fruits (yay!).  Breakfast wasn’t very delish nor satisfying.  I would have wished for a larger portion though.  Having said that, I’m not complaining about the meal service this time.  I am, to reiterate, thankful that there was more than one meal service this time.  So if I fly to Tokyo again, perhaps I would pick to arrive at Haneda,  for more meals on board!

No comments:

Post a Comment