3 Aug 2021

Simone Biles!

When Simone Biles announced that she would not be competing in the events for the Olympics after arriving in Japan, I was quite resigned to having the 50 pictograms as the only memory I will have of Olympics 2020.  (I think I may be quite addicted to it, watching it an average of 2 or 3 times everyday since the opening ceremony itself.  Sometimes it doesn't take a whole lot of money or warm bodies to create a warm fuzzy impact!)

The other athletes are great in their pursuit of sporting glory, whether they were successful in defending their gold medals (I honestly don't get the "defend the gold medal" thingy.  These athletes had already achieved a (or more) gold medals.  Why are they expected to "defend" their previous titles?)  Me merely wanting to watch Simone Biles compete at Tokyo 2020 takes nothing away from them.

Still!  It was awesome to see Simone Biles compete in the beams balance.  And I do hope that whatever it takes, Simone enjoyed herself on the beams.

No comments:

Post a Comment