12 Nov 2018

Ramada Encore Tbilisi [Georgia]

The Ramada Encore in Tbilisi is a fairly new hotel in the Wyndham group.  I stayed at a Ramada in the States before, a fairly old-school hotel with a very high ceiling and dark, heavy wooden furniture, and so was quite surprised when the coach pulled up next to a bright hippish-looking glass-clad building.

The lobby immediately reminded me of those in typical Japanese business hotels:  functional and small.  It also gave an indication of the room size.

My twin room was smallish, compared to the one at Marxal Sheki, but the poppy print on the pillows certainly cheered up the smallish room.  And I liked that there were three pillows, which made it easier to sleep.  Japanese business hotels are usually functional and provide only one pillow so it that doesn't fit well, it meant an uncomfortable sleep.


Although this hotel is at the corner of two busy streets, it wasn't noisy in the room.  And there were two chairs, one hard and one soft with two cheery smallish cushions with the poppy print.


The bathroom was smallish as well but functional, and it felt like the shower stall floor was heated slightly.


Despite its smallish size, I think this hotel more than made up for it when I could finally charge my mobile phone after quite a few days.  Travel guides described the power sockets in Georgia as two round-pin plugs.  Sigh there was no picture accompanying the power socket so I was in for a huge shock when the squarish adaptor I brought couldn't fit into the socket.

This hotel certainly thinks of its customers from beyond the region.  For that I give it thumbs-up.


No comments:

Post a Comment