21 May 2015

Vasana Plain of Jars Hotel

If Sada Hotel was the best hotel in the list, Vasana Plain of Jars Hotel might be the worst, judging from the reviews on Trip Advisor.

I didn't have any expectations of the hotel after reading the reviews, which on hindsight I felt were rather harsh.

Compared to Luang Prabang and Vang Vieng, Xieng Khouang seemed so much poorer and less developed.  If the hotel did not have a foreign investor or partner, I won't be surprised if the management did not think that the hotel was not up to standard.

Instead of a hotel, I thought it was more appropriate to call it a resort, as the rooms were laid-out much like resorts.  There was no air conditioner in the room, and a standing fan worked to circulate air in the room.



The furnishing was nothing to shout about, neither was breakfast and dinner.  But there was a pleasant surprise when I could see fireworks from my room on Christmas night - in Xieng Khouang!

No comments:

Post a Comment