28 May 2015

Silver Naga Hotel at Vang Vieng

The Silver Naga Hotel ran a tight race with the Sada Hotel to be the best hotel for my Laos trip.

While Luang Prabang was really cold in the morning, Vang Vieng was all warm and sun-shiny.  Truely a back-packers' heaven.

After a gruelling six-hour bus ride from chilly Xiang Khouang into warm Vang Vieng, I was greeted by an elephant and rose made with towels.  They really put a grin on my face, reminding me of the cruise on Nile river where I returned to my room every night after dinner to discover the bathroom cleaned up and towels folded into cute shapes.



My room on level 5 faced the Nam Song River with karst mountains clearly visible from the door.  From the balcony, I could hear pulsating music from the bar across the river.  The bathroom again had no racks, so it was again creativity at play where dry clothes could be placed.


The wonderful sunshine meant that laundry could be dried at the balcony while admiring the hotair balloons had floated by the balcony.

If I really had to grouse about something, it would have to be the bread at the breakfast buffet.  The bread is certainly an acquired taste for me, no matter how much guidebooks sang the praise of the bread in Laos.

No comments:

Post a Comment