30 May 2015

Sepp Blatter's Fifa re-election concerns Europe

Many European football nations have reacted with concern to Sepp Blatter's re-election as Fifa president.
 
Denmark's Football Association chief called it "a defeat for transparency" while England's FA Chairman said he might support a World Cup boycott.

However, the tournament's next host, Russia, said it was pleased with Mr Blatter's re-appointment.

(Read the news here)

So, Sepp Blatter was re-elected as Fifa president for a fifth, and possibly last term.  I guess nobody is surprised at the result?

7 Fifa officials were arrested in Zurich earlier this week before the Fifa President election, and there were calls for Blatter to step down.  But in a democracy, the man who wins the votes wins the election, and that is the outcome.

Actually, I'm not really aware of or interested in the hoohah surrounding Fifa at the moment.  Heck, I don't even follow the World Cup until it has progressed to the final four.  Now that's when the excitement starts for me.  As for the country that won the rights to host World Cup? Usually I don't even know because I'm never going to fly to the city, and pay through my nose for a very expensive hotel room and put up with extra-tight security and perhaps not even be able to see the players on the pitch from my seat in the Stadium.

No comments:

Post a Comment