2 Nov 2014

Dirtcake Flowerpot [スイーツ]

Y read about a café in town on a café-hopping blog and we decided to check that place out, hoping that it would be a lot less crowded after office hours. Thankfully it was, and I was quite miffed that I insisted on a reservation when only two other tables were occupied.
The café was rather small and I wonder if queues for tables here are long during lunch hour. Usual food such as pasta and mains were served, but this appears to be a fusion café where Japanese bentos were also on the menu.

There were two staff in the café, dressed in singlets and micro-shorts. My first thought was “Did they just get off work at Hooters” and next “is this a Hooters subsidiary?”

I picked a prawn pasta and Y a chicken dish. We shared an oddly-named dessert “Dirtcake”. This was presented as a flowerpot with a plastic flower and gummy worms. We were debating if the flower was edible and decided that our digestive juices probably won’t thank us for such an exotic food.
Soil was actually oreo cookies, and I think it was some kinda ice-cream beneath the layer of oreo cookies. Perhaps our dirtcake had been thawed and refrozen, or perhaps too much water had been introduced into the ice-cream, but every mouthful I ate contained icicles! And I don’t think I tasted any cake in the dirtcake.



The good thing about this café was that there weren’t many other customers the time we were there. So for one of the rare times, we didn’t feel like our eardrums were bursting from the noise in the place we were eating, and we didn’t have to shout across the table to hear ourselves. Nice and quiet, this one. But I wished the food was better.

No comments:

Post a Comment