6 Jun 2021

K's apartment

 


K put me up for a few days and I saved a fair bit on lodging as I made day trips to explore the region which I was initially not too keen on.

K's apartment is also a 1R+, and in those 2 storied aparto which I think is made of steel.  These also remind me of containers stacked one on top of another whenever I pass by them on the trains.  The floors and walls of the corridor were a gloomy green, but otherwise I was thankful that it was covered, so that I won't open the door of K's apartment into rain or snow.

K's 1R+ is longer lengthwise compared to mine.  The toilet and bathroom are separated, and there is even a sink in the bathroom.  K also devised a way to extend the bathroom space: by leaving the bathroom door and the closet doors opposite the bathroom open during bath time.  Because the toilet is separate from the ofuro and always dry, toilet rolls can be stored there too.

There are 2 closets, which I thought was so useful where clothes for other seasons can be stored in 1 while the other holds clothes for a particular season.  There is a washing machine but no dryer, so K bought a drying rack to use in the room.  Theoretically the balcony can be used as a drying yard, but K's apartment is on the ground floor, and I think it's quite easy to pilfer stuff by just stretching across the low balcony walls.

K bought quite some extra furniture such as a standing mirror, cushions, a folder table, rugs, shelves and a drying rack, some of which I thought resembled those I saw on Nitori.  

I wasn't sure if K's apartment was insulated properly, but I could feel a draft in the room when I slept on a futon on the floor next to the bed, so we did this silly thing of opening 2 umbrellas and positioned 1 at the edge of the genkan and the other at my feet so that I don't wake up with a cold or a headache.

I can imagine people who have a larger rental budget might rather rent a 1K in a newer mansion compared to such apartos, I would be one of these people too.

Oh, and K didn't have a single chair in the 1R+, so I ended up sitting on the cushions on the floor when I was there.

No comments:

Post a Comment