20 Dec 2017

Sunway Hotel Georgetown Penang [Malaysia]

Initially I wanted to stay in the UNESCO World Heritage area of Georgetown, preferably in one of those refurbished heritage buildings.  Apparently, many other visitors to Georgetown had the same idea, and I wasn’t able to book a room for consecutive days in one of those hotels I was eyeing.

Eventually I settled on Sunway Hotel Georgetown Penang, located outside the UNESCO World Heritage zone and about 10 to 15 minutes’ walk from KOMTAR.  I wasn’t expecting much from the hotel, even declining to include breakfast in my room reservation as I thought I could always walk into Georgetown proper for breakfast.

Sunway Hotel Georgetown Penang turned out to be one of those hotels that I enjoyed.
It was a large full-service hotel with breakfast area always bustling with tourists on all days I stayed there, pool with children and adults from day to night, and free juices at the lobby from 2pm.  Because the hotel was so tall, it was even visible from some places in Georgetown, and together with KOMTAR, helped me orientate my way back to the hotel.

At 28m2, the room was large, with plenty of spaces to lay flat check-in luggages, tables, an armchair, a swivel chair, complimentary water daily and very enthusiastic air conditioning that defied all instructions for the temperature to increase and therefore I had to sit under the covers as I watch TV.



The bathroom was large as well with a good shower, just that the hairdryer was tucked at a small nook between the sink and the glass door of the shower, so that was rather inconvenient.

No comments:

Post a Comment