12 Jul 2017

Hotel Sunshine @ Kaohsiung

While the Simple Life Hotel near the City Hall subway station was pleasant enough, I thought there weren't enough food options, or perhaps I did not explore the hotel surroundings enough.

For this trip to Kaohsiung, I picked Hotel Sunshine, more as a lark for the chinese furniture that I saw on the hotel's website.  Apparently, according to the hotel's website, the furniture was rosewood.  In addition, I did not have the chance to explore the Sanduo area, where the hotel was located, during the previous trip to Kaohsiung.

The twin bedroom was surprisingly large, with large tables and three chairs, 1 of which could be strategically placed next to the door for shoe changes.  There was a 3 litre water pot which was always thoughtfully boiled and kept warm by the cleaning staff.


 The bathroom must have been one of the biggest I have seen, with enough space to place a small sofa in!  The shower system had a hand shower, a rain shower and three sprouts in the middle section, which made showering a lot of fun, especially with that awful swealtering heat.
Buffet breakfast at the hotel's restaurant was very decent, with some traditional taiwanese dishes, japanese dishes and and egg station.  And I so love the warm and chewy 蓬萊米 that I had to round up breakfast everyday with a bowl of that!


No comments:

Post a Comment