30 Jul 2015

Hotel Lobesa at Bhutan’s Punakha

With just 8 rooms, Hotel Lobesa is as boutique as a hotel could be.  But make no mistake.  Each room is huge!  Enter one of the two rooms on each floor, is a wide space separating beds from another door which opens to a balcony overlooking emerald paddy fields.  Walk further into the room and a door opens to a bathroom only (and I jest not) slight smaller than a single room in a Japanese hotel.  A huge living area completes the room, with a long day bed hugging one side of the room.  Six people could fit comfortably in all that space!




 (Towels folded into an elephant!  This never fails to bring a smile to my face :))

I stayed 2 nights here and had a change of room when I returned 3 days later for the 2nd night.  The first room was situated such that the toilet window faced the road just outside the hotel, and it was odd hearing vehicles zoom by from the toilet seat.

The second room had a much better orientation, where the toilet window faced the paddy fields, which meant I had a great view of the emerald paddies every time I used the toilet, odd as this sounds.

The door of this hotel had the oddest lock system I have encountered in a hotel.  Instead of electronic cardkeys, there was the traditional way that Bhutanese lock their doors, with a heavy metal lock!

 
Staff were very attentive, constantly asking if more drinks were required.  But unfortunately, both times I came to this hotel after a long drive through the winding mountains, so I was also cautious not to eat too much as my innards tried to settle down after what my guide termed “free body massage” on the mountain roads.

No comments:

Post a Comment