24 Apr 2014

Eating onboard China Airlines

Flew by China Airlines for the first time.  In preparation of the flight, I sussed out meal pictures posted by passengers.  The meal service consisted of an appetizer, a main, bread, fruits and cake.  Not too bad for a meal in economy.  Oh yes, and there was the pineapple cake that tourists cart home from Taiwan.  Comments were generally positive, and I looked forward to what I would be served.  Of course, I suppose despite flying a Taiwanese airline, I couldn’t expect Taiwanese dishes as meals were catered at cities of departures.

There were two choices of mains: seafood rice (fish with rice, actually) and chicken with rice.  Surprisingly, the rice was flavored.  Seafood rice was nasi lemak rice, and chicken with rice was chicken rice.  The rice was salted too strongly for my liking, and I would have preferred broccolis and carrots accompanying the seafood rice as well.

 

Appetizer was shredded crabmeat sticks served cold and dessert was banana cake with a chocolate top served with a dollop of cream and strawberry (?) jam.  The bread was nice and warm when it was plonked on my tray, but I wished there was crackers and cheese as well.  The appetizer and dessert were not spectacular, but I always appreciate it when airlines include fruits in the meal.

All in all, it was a positive impression for a first meal.  I wonder if the famous Taiwanese beef noodles could be served for a meal in economy?  And I wonder why the stewardess did not offer 台湾啤酒.  Is it not a famous Taiwan export as well?

No comments:

Post a Comment